Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 8 - Yosemite National Park

We drove into Yosemite, and the kids spotted snow still on the ground. We pulled over and played for a while. It was weird being at the hottest place in the nation one day, and then the next playing in the snow.


We drove until we found a nice trail and hiked up to eat our lunch I had packed. We sat on a big flat rock and had a spectacular view.


After our lunch break we drove a bit further until Jeff saw a huge granite rock and pulled over so he and the kids could climb it. I waited in the car and noticing we actually had cell phone coverage, I called Rochelle to see how things were going. When I got off the phone Jeff waved me up. I assumed that meant the rock was easy enough for even someone big-pregnant to climb, so I hiked up and joined them. I don't want to miss out if I can help it.


One thing I did happily choose to miss out on was taking a dip in the mountain stream. The water felt like what it is, melted snow. Jeff swam out to the middle of the stream and called out to the kids that it was nice and warm in the middle attempting to lure them further in. Of course it was a little difficult to believe him when you could hear his teeth chattering.
We found a little store and bought some stuff for teatime, and had teatime in a meadow. I have decided that I am a meadow girl. To me, that has to be the prettiest place in the world. This is a much happier Stephanie than the one in Death Valley.


Yosemite was one of those places where it seemed that anywhere I pointed a camera would turn out to be a wonderful picture. We hardly scratched the surface of things to explore. Jeffrey and I would love to come back and spend a week there with the kids.


We headed on out to the KOA to stay in a cabin for the night, but decided we'd be back the next day to see the sequoias.

No comments: